No announcement yet.

MOO3 Demo on PCPP mag {australian}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't stress peoples, just hug each other and await the dawning of the great MOO3.
    Group hug!!!!
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by ElPresidente

Next time something like this happens go to the source of the issue. If people had popped down to the PCPowerPlay Website they could have saved themselves a lot of heartache as the matter was cleared up within a day of someone posting the problem about the MOO3 'demo'.

For those who feel jealous about some of us having our hands on it, don't. I am yet to hear of someone who got it up and running (that is not a criticism of the MOO3 work, just an indication of exactly how alpha the build was). Don't stress peoples, just hug each other and await the dawning of the great MOO3.

Oh and don't start levelling blame (PC Powerplay will go down for this????) until you know the facts, it is unseemly.
      Actually, the PCPowerPlay website had _nothing_ to say about the "demo" on the day this whole thing ... ignited. There were murmurs about the mag's IRC channel, but that's hardly official.

The full story did come to light pretty much within 24 hours -- it was just a very interesting 24 hours or so in the meantime

I'm surprised to hear noone's "gotten it up and running" ... I can get it to process turns in single player (but not DO much), and can do the combat demos as described in the readme by starting a multiplayer game. It's fairly obvious that it was to be a canned demo driven by a QSI or IG employee, but you can puzzle quite a few things out of it. It's ample proof that the interface had a good ways to go yet at the time of that build, though.

No-one's really blaming PCPowerPlay at this point (though I like to think I would have been more skeptical about what GameNation put in my hands than they were). At the time, though, they were among those suspected of foul play (not the prime suspect in my mind, though -- that was reserved for some rogue employee at GameNation).
      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Working...
      X